We held a great first session for a completely new class offering, aptly titled “Office 2013 for Beginners.” However, the title is a bit deceiving since much of the class was spent on the new Office 365 Home Premium and SkyDrive integration with the new Office 2013. We had a full house and the presentation was kindly hosted by the Niles Public Library.
A lot of content was covered in this two hour session, and appropriately, we warned everyone that this class was more of a Show and Tell then a traditional course. However, the reception was great and everyone was quite engaged through the end. By all counts we seemed to have had a full house in the third floor board room.
The class was divided into three sections:
- Section 1: An introduction to Office 2013 and Office 365 editions along with associated pricing
- Section 2: A demonstration of the best new features from Office 2013 editions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Section 3: A full run down of how to leverage SkyDrive and Office Web Apps for personal and work needs
There are some excellent resources available for those who are looking to dive heavily into Office 2013 or Office 365 Home Premium, along with SkyDrive with Office Web Apps. Here are some of the ones we covered in class:
- Microsoft Office 2013 Quick Start PDF guides: free printable PDF reference guides giving you the basics about each program in the new version of Office.
- SkyDrive Help from Microsoft: direct assistance in using, installing, and troubleshooting SkyDrive on the desktop and the web.
- Complete breakdown of What’s New in the entire Office 2013 suite: A full reference guide to each and every new feature found in Office 2013 and its individual applications. A must read for anyone interested in seeing everything 2013 has to offer.
- Microsoft’s Office YouTube channel: The best place for how-to videos on anything and everything Office related.
- Official SkyDrive website: get yourself a free SkyDrive account with 7GB of storage.
- Office Web Apps homepage: learn about what Office Web Apps have to offer and how to leverage them better.
Below is the entire recording from our class session this past weekend. You can also view the entire class directly on our YouTube channel.