If you haven’t tried out Microsoft’s revamped OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive) cloud file storage and sharing service, then you’re definitely missing out. It’s one part Dropbox on steroids, one part free Microsoft Office in the web browser, and one part powerful real time coauthoring tool.
We held a free, live Deep Dive class on OneDrive this past weekend (March 29, 2014) at the Niles Public Library to a full house crowd of about 20 guests. Derrick Wlodarz was the primary presenter, with Erica Bosco assisting with user support. The following topics are just a portion of what was covered:
* What is OneDrive?
* How to establish a free OneDrive account
* The basics of sharing in OneDrive
* Local vs web browser navigation
* How storage space works in OneDrive
* Office Online app usage and navigation
* Office Online specific features that aren’t found in local Office 2013 apps
* How to move your existing local files into OneDrive using local and web based uploading
* Q&A from the crowd was answered
The full class is available in video format on our YouTube Channel, or you can freely watch the recording in its full form below! See you at our next class!