Whoever says interest in Windows 8 isn’t massive was clearly not present for our 11-29-2012 class at the Park Ridge Library! We had over 40+ registered people as of class day, and walk-ins were allowed to join in as well for a likely total of near 50 people. This class goes down as one of our largest training sessions to date!
This time around, trainers Derrick Wlodarz and Wesley Howard were joined by special guest trainer Ted Tabaka (IT Specialist from the Chicago Museum of Contemporary Art) to cover all of the basics surrounding Windows 8 and its brand new features. The topics covered include but are not limited to the following:
- What is Windows 8?
- The flavors that Windows 8 comes in
- Should I upgrade to Windows 8?
- Compatibility concerns with hardware/software
- HOW TO: Navigate and use the new Modern UI Start Screen
- HOW TO: Work with Live Tiles
- HOW TO: Manage settings for the Modern UI
- HOW TO: Use new features in the Desktop interface
- HOW TO: Get the most out of the new Control Panel options
The class recording can be re-watched in its full entirety below, or you can watch the original video from our YouTube channel directly:
If you are interested in learning more about Windows 8, here are some great resources we highlighted in our class session for patrons:
- Windows 8 Essential Training by Lynda.com
- Microsoft’s official Windows 8 video learning center
- Microsoft’s official Windows 8 online help center
We are hosting one more live Windows 8 for Beginners class session on the following date: