Our new Windows 8 for Beginners class series started off to a great note this past weekend! FireLogic trainers Derrick Wlodarz and Wesley Howard led a two hour long session that covered all of the basics surrounding Microsoft’s new OS and its brand new features. The topics covered during the live class were as follows:
- What is Windows 8?
- The flavors that Windows 8 comes in
- Should I upgrade to Windows 8?
- Compatibility concerns with hardware/software
- HOW TO: Navigate and use the new Modern UI Start Screen
- HOW TO: Work with Live Tiles
- HOW TO: Manage settings for the Modern UI
- HOW TO: Use new features in the Desktop interface
- HOW TO: Get the most out of the new Control Panel options
The actual class recording can be watched in its full entirety below, or you can view the original video from our YouTube channel directly:
If you are interested in learning more about Windows 8, here are some great resources we highlighted in our class session for patrons:
- Windows 8 Essential Training by Lynda.com (free until late November 2012)
- Microsoft’s official Windows 8 video learning center
- Microsoft’s official Windows 8 online help center
FireLogic will be hosting two more Windows 8 for Beginners class sessions at local libraries. These dates are as follows: